At Niagara Children’s Centre, we are committed to excellence in serving all clients and their families. To demonstrate our commitment, we provide our services in a way that is accessible to people with disabilities and that meets the highest standards of customer service. Please see below for information about our accessibility and customer service standards.
Our Commitment – Niagara Children’s Centre is committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities.
Assistive Devices – We train our staff to ensure they are familiar with various assistive devices used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
Communication – We communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
Service Animals – We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are welcome on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
Support Persons – Support persons accompanying people with disabilities are welcome at our facilities. Fees are not charged for support persons.
Notice of Temporary Disruption – In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for clients with disabilities, Niagara Children’s Centre will notify clients promptly. A notice will be posted clearly on our website, at the main entrances to our 567 Glenridge Avenue location, and at any applicable satellite locations. The posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, the anticipated length of time for the disruption, and a description of alternative facilities or services, wherever possible.
Training for Staff – Niagara Children’s Centre provides training to all employees, volunteers and anyone else who represents the Centre who interacts with clients, families, the public, or who interacts with third parties on behalf of clients and families.
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the requirements of the Niagara Children’s Centre Customer Service Standard
- A review of the Centre's plan related to the Customer Service Standard
- Information about how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- Information about how to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- Information about how to use personal communication and mobility devices or other assistive devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities
- Information about what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Niagara Children's Centre goods and services
- Updates when changes are made to Niagara Children’s Centre’s plans and policies
To learn more, please follow the link to Niagara Children's Centre's Accessibility Plan.
Clients and families who wish to provide feedback on how Niagara Children’s Centre provides goods and services to people with disabilities can do so verbally, in writing, or by email.
Please send your feedback to:
Director of Clinical Services and Privacy Officer
Niagara Children’s Centre
567 Glenridge Avenue
St. Catharines, Ontario, L2T 4C2
Phone: 905-688-1890 ext. 200
Please allow up to three business days from the receipt of your message to receive a response. We will address complaints according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or Other Policies – We will modify or remove any policy of Niagara Children’s Centre that is deemed to not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. From time to time, Niagara Children’s Centre will review its policies and make appropriate updates or modifications.